Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oil My Bones With Yoga

 I don't  underestimate the power of yoga. it is intense and the older we get the more important it is to keep it going. My dad used to complain that he was stiff. My grandmothers legs hurt all the time. I know if they had known about yoga they would not have suffered as they did.

Yoga is medicine, it is oil for our bodies.  I guarantee it. Fifteen to thirty minutes a day is just fine. I myself think that gentle yoga is all we need.  It stands to reason , it is about stretching, lubricating the bones without the oil. There is little one can do that is wrong if you are gentle. Classes are marvelous, but if they are not accessible one only needs a mat, a tape or a television program. Once you have learned the postures you can do it on your own. It can be done anywhere, on the beach by a lake or a pool, in the back yard, anywhere is your home in any room is perfect.
 
If you have not done Yoga before, (or sometimes when I have not done it for awhile) I find I get stiff.

Back into it, it hurts at first, especially the squats,  but once that imaginary oil pours through my body in the form of a stretch, it is simply incredible.  Do Yoga to keep your bones well lubricated.

I know you will agree.

Carol Sue Gershman



No comments: