Monday, June 9, 2008

The art of conversation

Did you ever notice how few people have the art of conversation?  The most popular people I know find it difficult to sit down and have a one on one talk.  They could have a million friends but can not focus on one person preferring to change the subject several times, answer a phone or leave. Some can better communicate on the telephone or in an e mail. Some converse by sending a forward thinking they are communicating. I don't mind a forward here and there but not to replace a conversation.  I for one cherish a good talk touching on lots of topics.  I prefer to talk to one person at a time. It could be funny, serious, or perhaps it can get heated. That fulfills me much more  than going to a party or another form of entertainment.  Some people can not look you in the eye when they speak. That shows that they are not honest, hiding something, yes maybe shy,  but probably more of the former. We are all so complicated. Certainly I am too, but meet me for dinner and if you are open, I guarantee you will get caught  in a good conversation.
Carol Sue Gershman  

No comments: