Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hard up for a tenant to rent

Times have changed. I have a wonderful studio, faces front with trees to look at. I have owned it for sixteen years. I goofed up. I forgot to bring my divine tenant her new lease and in the interim she got wind of another apartment and there she went. Had I brought her the lease she would have been stuck. So I advertised and showed and offered and compensated but nobody rented it. Along came a charming gentleman filled with enthusiasm who said, " I will take it." There is only one problem, he does not have any money, but  swears he will get it.... He will come up with the first months rent to move in and then will pay the security out during the month he is living there. Then he will work  hard to meet the rent for the next month. He is motivated and is motivating me to give him  a chance. He will work two jobs, wash dishes just to have the space. So what to do? He said he will paint it at his own expense. That alone is worth $600. There is absolutely no one else.  So would you take him or would you leave it empty until someone else comes along missing out on this months rent? I made my decision but would like to hear from you. Carol Sue Gershman

1 comment:

lisasilvera said...

I think it's great that you are taking a leap of faith and giving this guy a shot - who knows, he could end up being the best tenant ever. Just keep your eyes open...