Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dullsville

Our lives can sometimes be dull; not particularly boring, simply dull. I live in a beautiful apartment and am blessed. There is a swimming pool and tennis court right out my door. But what has happened? I am spending too much time at home.  I have become reclusive,  going out only when  I have to.  So little old me at 72 has become dull living in paradise.  I am waiting for my book  to be re edited and to start marketing it,  but in the meantime I have given up other things that I like to do such as traveling.  I am grateful for little errands, the bank, food shopping, the shoe maker but find I can not wait to get back to Dullsville.  Yes, I occasionally go out to dinner or to a movie even a cocktail party, but for the most part, I am focused on staying home in glorious Dullsville. I think I would be more alive on  a street with passersbys such as New York City, but then again maybe it is simply me who is dull and I would still prefer to stay home. ho hum. Carol Sue Gershman

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I can't believe this post as it sounds like I wrote it myself. :)