Friday, April 3, 2009

When was the last time you moved?

What is it about us people? Why do we have so many possessions? Do you know how many boxes I sent to storage today? 42 and it is only me and from a one bedroom apartment.
I did down size and I am not a collector except for: books, photos, dishes, silverware, linens, appliances, clothes, drug items and brick bra ck. I guess you can call me C Bay..(c for Carol)
And this time I have to pay for it. Those storage units are not cheap and what a business they have going on. I looked into one of them to see what other people were accumulating; what a bunch of junk and what a mess I did see.
Yet, that is who we are, what we have spent money on, what we own and think we need.
Truly one person does NEED a bed, a pair of sheets, a cover, one TV, normal size, two place settings, a can opener, 2 pots, OK. clothes and a tooth brush. That is it. Oh no, not my computer, I ain't given that up. You know that thing we all had to learn a few years ago that I wanted to throw out of the window from frustration?
Well you get the picture and oh the poor moving men, they work so hard dragging every one's stuff around the universe. Truly I had them sweating and begging for water. I even gave one of the movers a glass of ice water to take with him.
Oh well, you get the picture!
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: