Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stranger things have happened?

Yesterday when I was showering, suddenly there came a drilling noise; I peaked out of the shower curtain wondering what was going on in my apartment but the sound remained within the shower area. I realized the sound was coming from my neighbors pipes above me. I figured sure, just one more thing; my luck, now his water pipes. In this building in order to report noise or such to the management, the doorman has to come and take a listen. It has to be proven that it is not all in my head. So After I dried off, and with the sound continuing, I called the front desk. Wonderful Steve came running up, and luckily the noise persisted so Steve could hear what I heard. Yes, I had a case for the management. "Sounds weird; can't imagine" he said. By now the chief engineer of the building arrived at work and Steven sent him straight up to me. He too heard it wondering if the new set of pipes the neighbor installed could be it! And then he saw it. He saw with his own eyes the disturbing noise... Yup. I had forgotten to shut off my new battery operated tooth brush....

And here is a funnier one. Several years ago in another apartment I heard music. Well it was the same song playing over and over again.
So I called the management and we decided it had to be coming from the upstairs apartment. Probably they left the music on and had left home. So the management entered with a pass key, but there was dead silence in the upstairs apartment. The management went downstairs knocking on doors asking, could the repetitious music be coming from their apartment. No, no , no as the music played on.
We were baffled, and then oh then, we realized that I had set something off. In a box in my apt. was a greeting card that played music and somehow I had put something on top of the box which set it off.

So look at me blaming the world!
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: