Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What is the real treat?

The other night on my way home I decided to buy and treat myself to,  not one but two dark sweet chocolate bars. They were delicious even though the caffeine kept me up most of the night. With out a problem I quickly demolished them both.
The next morning I noticed the wrapper,  much to my surprise,  had something in it. I had missed two little squares! I put them in the freezer.
A few days later dying for something sweet, my memory kicked in;  there was  chocolate in the house; mind you I never keep sweets around.  Sure enough there were the 2 small squares sitting where I put them.  I screamed with delight at my find and relished the taste of each small nibble wishing I had not been such a glutton and had left more.
 The moral: The 2 bars were great and I enjoyed them.... BUT THE  TWO LITTLE PIECES WERE THE REAL TREAT! 
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: