Tuesday, April 29, 2008

DIVULGING MY SEX LIFE, IS INAPPROPRIATE SHE SAID

A new friend read my memoir, The Black Man, The Jewish Lady and the Road Trip, and was appalled that I had shown the poor taste of disclosing my sexual escapades when I had children and grandchildren Her exact words were, "Believe me when I tell you I have been around the block, double of you, but I would never let it be known." I have a family, children and grandchildren. I don't mean to offend you she said, but it was inappropriate and not in good taste to put your children in such a position."


I thanked the pretty lady now married for the second time for her opinion and proceeded to tell her that I think differently. This is my life and my love affair brought out honesty and openness. I told her my children who understandably did not care to read about their mom's sex life, had their copies edited. They all enjoyed my book thoroughly. "There is a lot more to my book than sex, I said. Personally, I think it will be a great lesson for my grandchildren about their ole grandma."



It brought me to believe what Echart Tolle , A New Earth is preaching. That there are two parts to us, our essence and our ego. The pretty lady's essence is wild and carefree but her ego said, "I am a mother and grandmother and I would not think of divulging what I am really like."


I have no qualms of expressing myself in my way as long as it does not hurt anyone. There is no questions that I checked with my therapist before writing my memoirs and he felt that it was my life and if I cared to disclose all of my love affair, it is my story, and I had every right to do so without any remorse.


I have also learned how differently people think about sex. Most loved reading juice, others were embarrassed for me? No, for themselves, others just skipped those parts. Like the pretty lady she wants her image to be pure to the world even though in her own words she is not.


What is your opinion????

No comments: