Sunday, April 27, 2008

THEY CALLED ME A RELIGIOUS WOMAN

At my yoga retreat over the Passover holidays, they celebrated the Holiday with a feast that two hundred people attended. My friend had attended the year before and told me that the service was long and tedious. So I brought a book with me, it was the Eckhart Tolle book, A New Earth, but nobody could see the title as I tried to cover it. My friend was right, it was a long long service so I took out my book and passed the time between courses and read. The next day I ran into a woman who was sitting at my table. She said, "I noticed you are a religious woman." I said, " why would you say that?" "Well, she said, I see that you brought your own bible to the Seder"...P. S. I have been called many things in my life, but never a religious woman. I had a good chuckle.

No comments: