Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Black Man, The Jewish Woman and the Road Trip

These days I am extremely busy re-editing my book. The advanced signed copy's sold out quickly with great reviews. So, I hired an editor to make it perfection and part one is finished and excellent. I am going to begin to market it heavily, well not just yet, when it is complete. But over the weekend I went to a film fest and connected with an innovative director out in L. A. who is far from mainstream. He loved the title of my book and asked me to send him the script. I Xeroxed until I dropped writing a great cover letter, a blog and a querie. Standing in line at the P. O. was not any different than how it was when I was a kid. The lines were endless, the tellers disappear, but lo and behold it has gone to California. How exciting would it be, if before the book hits the shelf, it is grabbed up as a film? Oh yes, I can well imagine who would play the Jewish Lady and the hunk who will be the black man. I will keep you posted. I hope it does not take too long to get my YES answer.

No comments: