Sunday, March 9, 2008

Peeling away the layers of thoughts

Am I a bore? Would I just like to stay home and water my plants and watch television and run to the refrigerator in between? Maybe I would be the happiest ever, if I did not have thoughts, thoughts to do other things. It is my thoughts that drive me in directions that sometimes are unreasonable. Thoughts about ex boyfriends, if I did not say this or I did not say that. Just imagine how much time those thoughts take when I could be watching T. V. O. K a book is good too. But then there are the positive thoughts, to meet a friend, what to wear, where to go, expressing my self. Would I be talking more about me? Will I listen more? Where to go next summer, what about my bank account , my work, my writings. thoughts thoughts thoughts. They say we are our thoughts, then they say, we are not our thoughts. We are our essence; all so confusing when all I really want to do is water my plants and watch television. carol sue gershman

No comments: