Sunday, March 9, 2008

How great it is that I wrote a book

A new friend said to me the other night. "How great it is that you wrote a book. Just knowing that you wrote a complete book is quite enough of an achievement." "Well, possibly for others, but not for me," I responded. I am working with an editor, making corrections, and then I will begin to heavily market the book. I will begin to sell it on line, I will try to have as many book tours, local, regional, national as I possibly can, I will have home parties, I will speak, I will go to toastmasters and learn how to speak better. I will buy clothes and hats to go along with my tours. I will try to get on Oprah and if not Oprah, (not that I think Oprah will not want me) but later maybe Donny Deutch, or maybe the Today show, radio shows, I will send thousands of e mails, I will link my address book to my blogs and then I will hurry over to Hollywood to find a screen writer and not until my book has been read by millions and I go to my own film premier, will I ever consider my book or my self to be an achievement." "Oh, wow, he said, maybe I should not have mentioned it. " "Not at all, you have just given me my marketing plan." Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: