Wednesday, March 5, 2008

my book; my spelling, my grammar

The story has not changed of course. It is still hot, exciting, sensuous and sexual, but I learned through my readers that I did not know how to spell or punctuate. Interestingly enough, many who have read my book found a few errors but nothing terrible. Others who read the book found my grammar appalling, almost an embaressment, Like anything else, some of us are more educated than others or at least more observant. So I hired an editor. I heard a writer is only as good as their editor. I love my book, I know it is going to be a best seller. Juicy is juicy and it is honest. I tell the truth and do you know what else I have learned? After disclosing my self, people like me all the same; they like me for who I am. That is the greatest gift I have received so far from my writings. I have nothing to hide anymore. I have learned, we walk around shielding ourselves thinking best not to say this or say that and when it is said, they say, "oh really?" Nobody really cares. How many times have you noticed the same?

No comments: