Monday, November 23, 2009

New York City. I have arrived!

Do you enjoy New York?
It is a action packed city and presently the city is packed. Truly I have never seen anything like it. You can hardly walk on the street.
I moved back to my apartment on the upper west side after having driven from Florida. I think what I enjoy the most in life is car travel going from one place to another with all of my possessions with me. It is quite entertaining but more about that later.

The city is bursting with pride and now some of the streets in the Times Square area are for pedestrians only. We can now sit at little tables sipping coffee at what was once a busy transit street. It is so cool. I think I might have seen it in Europe or maybe South Beach on New Years eve. But never New York. A lovely change.

Ido not have much luck in my apartment. Do you remember the smoker in Miami? Well now I have a sax guy who practices his instrument right above me. This is crazy. I do not like noise or smoke under any circumstances; yet the Lord seems to send that to me.

What will NYC bring to me after all of these years? Will it send me back to Miami or will it allow me to find a good life here; maybe a new man, new friends, new book talks. It is a incredible city, and as I said, packed with people excitement and goodness..
But surely lacking that balmy Miami Breeze that feels oh so good.

Come and visit and most of all hav a Beautiful Thanksgiving day.
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: