Monday, November 9, 2009

New York City. Here I come

I am a New Yorker, although for 15 years I have been a Miami an.
Not such a bad life style, but now it is time to move back. Lucky for me I kept my apt. in NYC. It has been rented out all of these years with periodic visits from me.
New Yorkers have the right idea. They live in NYC and in summer go back and forth to the Hamptons.
Snow Birders have the right idea. The live 6 moths in the north and 6 months in the nice warmth.
I have never had that kind of luxury because wherever I go, I must rent my apt. to pay for the one I am going to next.
I can never come back early-on cause I do not have a home. It is rented.
Going back and forth to the Hamptons is not possible for me; it must be one or the other. My lifestyle is dependent on tenants.
Years ago I would travel to, let us say Europe and come back richer than if I had stayed in New York. Our dollar was worth so much more elsewhere.
But now it is pay back time because it will cost me more to live in NYC than Miami, but you know, it is all about the Jewish Lady, the black man and the road trip. I need to be in ny to promote it; it has just turned out that way, so I will spend my winter in NYC.
I will miss your ocean breeze Miami; people love the surf, I love the breeze. When I walk out into that balmy warm breeze, I always say. Ahhh this is too too wonderful.
I like the snow too and hope it snows lots this winter.
Anyway see you in NYC.
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: