Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not much time

Dear friends and bloggers,
Not much time for writing about anything else this summer as I have been on the road as you might know.
It has been extraordinary running from city to state promoting my book; all news to me.
So here I am at 73 with a car filled with books, hats, water aerobic equipment, and just enough room for only me. The plus is I like to drive.
A typical day was to get up in the morning, head for the nearest Starbucks, yes, I am addicted, and hit the road. For instance I started in St. Augustine. I liked sleeping in the comfort inns, the sleep inns because there was no hassle, my car parked right outside of my room, so easy for me to carry in what I needed. After settling as I did in St. Augustine I toured the town seeing things I never did before. There were restaurants and then to my book signing.
Just waiting for people to come, listen to what I had to say and buy my book.
Now how much fun is that? In St. Augustine I was written up in the paper and made some wonderful new friends who shared their life stories.
Writing opens up doors, that is all there is to it.
I will continue to write about my adventures as time goes on.
Is there anything you would most like to hear about? Is hitting the road something you have wanted to do?
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: