Saturday, July 11, 2009

From Charlotte, going North

4 JULY 09
Dear carol,


Charlotte, N. C. was not part of our road trip, yet I found myself passing by the city. Much to my delight at the Joseph-Beth Book store, I found quite a large image of my book embracing the store. Their beautiful store goes all out for authors with a table ready and waiting in anticipation of my arrival. Had lunch prior at California Pizza and recommend their pizza with arugula salad on top with shrimp! Really yum yum..

WHY IN GOODNESS NAME DID I PUT A PHOTO OF I HOP.... I WILL TELL YOU.
My mom would love to go and I would say, "Mom, I don't eat that kind of food, (meaning it was not gourmet enough for me) let's go somewhere else." Well, I have now fallen in love with I Hop on this trip. Those omelettes, the service, the efficiency and with all of the madness on Hilton Head , which was my next stop, it was a refuge, cause they know how to run their establishment...
I Hop..... all the way for me from now on. Sorry Mom....

Then it was Fourth of July at Hilton Head, not really one of my very favorite spots. Everything seems so hidden behind trees and bushes; exclusive what? And, oh yes, you know how exciting it is to go for ice cream, especially when it is home made.. Well, the ice cream scoopers of Hilton Head tourcher. Stood in line for at least 10 minutes with only 2 people in front of me. Finally got my ice cream in a wet cone cause the kid just did not know how to hold the cone and scoop the cream , and yup, I got into my car and the top scoop fell off...... Xavier and I felt the same way on our trip, yet it is packed with people who cannot get enough of the island. with people wwho cand had fun selling my books.....

Spent 4th of July in Beaufort, S. C. historical yes, hot yes, fireworks yes, but to me what made Beaufort is : An OLD FASHIONED DRIVE IN MOVIE THEATER WITH POP CORN AND ALL THE WORKS.. I have not seen one of those since I went to one with my husband Norman25 or 30 years ago... What fun to bring back those good old memories even though I had no one to NECK with in the car.

WOW! NEXT STOP WASHINGTON D.C. Time really flying by! Although, I have to do some back tracking after Wa.

Have a great summer AND PLEASE STAY TUNED.

No comments: