Monday, August 3, 2009

Marjorie's Day


One never knows who will be sitting in the audience of a book talk and who will lead you on to other things. In this case it was Marjorie who happened to be passing Books and Books in Miami and saw a sign that said 'Book talk, champagne and cupcakes.''Lets go," she said to her friend.
The next day she went to a local spa and met Lisa, my prior pr agent. They struck up a conversation and my name came up. Marjorie said, 'oh my goodness, I heard Carol Sue speak at Books and Books.' Once thing led to another; Marjorie hired Lisa for an up coming event. Not knowing any of this, I was invited to that party where Lisa introduced me to Marjorie. " I heard you speak and loved it and mentioned she lives in the Hampton's."
Knowing I would be in the Hampton's this summer, she excitedly suggested who I should contact for book talk.
Reporting back to Marjorie that the place was booked, she took it upon herself to call the library and say, 'come on now, I am sure you can find one day for Carol Sue to speak.'
Well, yesterday was the day. It was a excellent event; about fifty people, my son and family, my sister, my niece and nephew all surrounded me as I gave my talk and then I learned that next weeks agenda is Michael J. Fox, standing where I did.
Not only that, Marjorie hosted an after party at her exquisite country chateau for thirty people in my honor. I arrived famished and after expending over the top adrenalin at my signing, I ran to her beautiful table and ate her out of house and home; three bowls of pasta, all of the delicate lacy chocolate cookies and then took three brownies for the road.
Thank you Marjorie, I had a blast, so did my family and I think you and your husband are sensational.

No comments: