Thursday, May 7, 2009

Luck....how is yours?

Has my luck run out?
As you know I have gone through surgery on my elbow after a terrible fall by slipping heals out on a Clorox floor. No, I cannot blame Clorox. I can only blame myself for not wiping it up.
So now I am three weeks post surgery and found this uncomfortable bump on my elbow. I have found out today that one of the wires inserted has pushed out, has not held, and in order to fix it I have to go back for another surgery. Is this all too much? Not only that, they can not do the surgery till my arm heals which could be up to six months. And what about if this wire decides to push out from the inside to the outside? Now did you ever hear of anything like this one?
Here I was one healthy exuberant lady ready to venture out on another one year travel adventure but decided to get a spot off of the floor with some Clorox and my entire life has shifted. Will my arm heal properly. Will It ever be what it was or for that matter who I was?
Once I venture into something it usually turns out well, but I must admit this is not too lucky.
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: