Saturday, May 2, 2009

How I got out of a slump

From my slump dogs, I dressed and went out for a Tasti Delight ice cream with hot fudge on top. Delicious.

The trouble with sweets and or chocolate is that it makes me crave more; After scraping the cup, I simply had to have more fudge. While Tasti Delight fudge is wonderful, Giardelli ice cream shop down the street is the real thing. I hesitated and decided the heck with it, after all I have been suffering so! I went inside refusing the offer of the free candy samples they humbly give out, and rushed to the the back counter asking, "Do you sell hot fudge separately in a cup?" ' " Yes, he said, we do." (I thought I was the only one who dared such a treat)
He said it would be $1.09 with the tax; a cheap thrill I thought; never imagining how many of us crave the same thing. I ordered.

Oh how yum yum could anything be, my own cup of hot fudge!. I practically skipped home, my craving over and no need for anything more from my evening out.
You see from my slump, I dressed with high heels, put on makeup, a cute new hat, had a treat and that is all it took. Simple! Could I really be just that simple?

Once home, my computer also brought me joy. A well wish from a love and a great opportunity to rent a awesome apt. in n. y. c.

Suddenly I loved all of my friends again and grateful to them for listening to how great I felt after being in such a slump.

My mom always told me, "It always gets better" How it happens I do not know but it does.

Carol Sue Gershman (Please see below)

No comments: