Thursday, February 12, 2009

MY Ex-Girlfriends

So ladies can we trust our girlfriends?

How can we trust a girlfriend not to come on to your man?

In my life there have been four instances with another woman. First let me explain that I am naive. I never wanted any body Else's anything or anyone. I think the world works that way for every body else. Oh, not true.

The first girlfriend was Loretta who I introduced him to my Gerhardt. Oh, how I adored him, so much so that I introduced him to her because I was so proud of him. Well, Loretta liked him too, and there they were in her apt. caught as I peered through the window with horror. Ending: I dumped Loretta but kept my Gerhardt.

Next came Gertie who liked my husband Norman. She had nothing in the looks dept. and she knew it. She used her attentive charm to get him and oddly enough she did... He began to compare me to her, saying why aren't I more like her? We divorced, not completely because of her, but in some ways yes. Then he found out what a demon she was, but not for years and years later. Shame of you Gertie even though you are gone now. Ending: Norman my ex husband and I are dear friends to this day. But had he realized back then who was the important one, he might not have driven me away.

The next one was Opal. I introduced her to my boy friend Richard and she began to flirt from the moment she laid eyes on him. Then she met him again and asked for his e mail. I don't think, and not because I am not naive, that it happened between them, but she sure would have loved it. Ending: She and I remained friends till another incident, not having to do with him, tore me gladly away. He and I survived for quite some time and then nothing to do with her, it ended.

And now this week I introduced my girlfriend, no name, to a new guy of mine and there she was at the table feeding him his food, sipping wine from his glass and kissing him good bye on the side of his mouth... Yea, it happened.
ENDING: She felt terrible, said it would never happen again. Explained that she did not want the food or wine that they had ordered to go to waste and was more of a friendly gesture than anything.
I am happy cause I love her...and I believe her too.

Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: