Tuesday, May 27, 2008

LORD, MAKE ME WIRELESS

When the Lord creates his new species I hope he will consider making us wireless with an electric  plug.

I go from one plug to another. My computer plug,  my charging cell phone plug, my printer plug, my digitel plug, my wireless box plug, my camera plug that plugs into my computer.

I bought a new Mac computer and I have not left its side. It is filled with life, excitement, new people, new friends,  love connections, photo folders, documents, banks, clothes. O. K. you got it. Then there is the Apple store close by filled with hundreds of computer brains at my service.  Young wholesome men and women who got it all, right up in their brain. I find myself going back and forth with my newest fashion bag, my computer bag, to be part of the high energy of my new world; I can't wait to sign up for their next class plus Starbucks is right next door. Everyone comes to learn. We are back in kindergarten again. Mind you the store has been there for nearly two years and I never noticed.

Actually when it comes down to it,  it is alot less scary, than a  new lover with all of his wires and plugs. 

Do I dare to learn all of this? and spend my old age (now 72) going  from one plug to another? Sure better than going from one Doc to another. I used to like to travel. What for? I have a world right here and I don't have to move from  my bed. There is my land line, cell, wireless lap top,  digital camera ,  digitel T. V. ,  I-pod and or stereo for yoga tapes.

O. K. So I do go to the freezer for a dish of ice cream.
 
 But only until a robut  learns to scoop. 
Carol Sue Gershman 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what fun. great humor. ain't it the truth....