Saturday, May 17, 2008

DO WE REALLY KNOW OURSELVES?

Most of us are programmed to act in a certain way. I for one believe that I have good intentions; therefore I do not realize the impact I might have on another person, especially when it comes to love affairs. Here I am unmarried for the last twenty five years, although I had been married for an equal amount of time. In any event, I must be doing something wrong without realizing what I am actually doing. I scare love away by too much attention or not enough. Take for instance my last love. He adored me without question and I adored him. However, I did not think that leaving him for 2 months to travel, as I liked to do, would be of any consequence to our relationship. I knew that after my trip I would come right back to him. But to that man, at that time, two months was an eternity, not only did he have abandonment issues, but a huge ego and my leaving was showing him that there were other things more important to me than him. To me, it was not big deal. I would be coming back. So when in return he abandoned me for good, I had no idea why. The point of the story is that I need to realize what my impact might be on another person, whether it be a family member, lover or friend. I realize that anyone reading this would say, Hello, where has she been? But maybe I have been completely unaware using the disguise of believing that my good intentions and integrity were enough. Next time around I will ask. Now it is up to them to be able to tell the truth. Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: