Monday, February 14, 2011

How is your Valentines Day?

Well must admit mine is not what it used to be.
To begin with I am sick in bed with a cold.
I don't mind the relaxation but I do mind the lack of attention.
Let's start from here.
Who are my Valentines? My family, that's who!
My ex-husband usually sent me flowers but not this year. I sent him an e mail and he sent me back one that was nice. Let us say we will always be kind to one other.
My daughter sent me an e-card and I loved it; she has never done more than that in the past so a card was nice.
My middle son is beyond words... I emailed him TWO WEEKS AGO and asked him to be my valentine this year. He wrote back: "Absolutely" I will call you..... That was the last of him..... P. S. I had never asked him that question before, guess I won't ever again.
My younger son, a true romantic always sent flowers on V. Day but when I received them as a Mother's day gift as well, I said, "I would love a gift you picked out, no matter how small." Perhaps he confused V day with M Day thinking I don't like flowers period; so none for me.
He did call and send a great e card.
I sent 3 of my grand kids V day cards, one to each..... no response.
My very on occasion lover sent (not a word)
My daughter in law sent kisses,
My girlfriend sent kisses
Oh well, my cold is getting better. Like they say... nothing more important than health.
Love to all you Valentines
CArol Sue Gershman

No comments: