Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bus travel teaches us more than being alone in our cars.

Early this morning I went to New Jersey from New York City by bus.

While I was waiting at the Port of Authority for my late bus, I noticed an attractive woman talking on her cell. Her back was towards me but I admired how she was dressed in leather and fur. She was neatly put together on this early morning.

I on the other hand taking the same bus was dressed like a slob. Oh my clothes were clean, but my boots from the snow and wear and tear were shabby. My "Head" ski jacket from about 25 years old is still colorful but far from sexy; my warm hat and ear muffs messed up my hair but I did not much think about it, I was warm, until I saw her.

How could she look so attractive on this same morning taking the same bus? I studied what I was doing wrong. When she turned around she smiled and walked towards me. She was a pretty lady too. Funny enough, we did not stop talking from the moment we met making both our trips entertaining; I told her I liked how she was dressed and she thought lightly of it. We exchanged e mails hoping to be friends. Oh, and I think I will buy a new ski jacket and boots!

I went about my business in New Jersey and another lovely lady drove me back to the NYC bound bus instead of having to take a cab.

Oddly enough on that bus I met another lady. We struck up a conversation about weather and went on to other topics. I found it unusual to have two long conversations with two strangers in a three hour time limit. She and I will meet too.
Actually, I will try hard to bring the three of us together. Wouldn't that be nice?

Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: