Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A sabatical

Sometimes we need to get away... know what I mean? even from our own selves. I was feeling quite sluggish so this week in NYC I stayed home, fasted and slept... I fasted on water and light tea. At night I had blueberries. I slept practically all day. It was the foods I had been eating that dragged me down and tired me out. I could not believe how great I felt the next day. Transformation. It is really important to watch the foods we eat. Green tea is my indulgence but even a little caffeine accumulated can hurt my system. Also bread is a difficult one. Better not to eat it or eat wheat free bread. Be careful with what you put into your mouth each day. It will make the difference on how you perform and feel during the day.
I also think past a certain age, too much exercise may be difficult on our bodies. My motto is be careful. Our wonderful bodies need to be babied; especially those of us who are seniors. Take care of you.
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: