Wednesday, September 9, 2009




Subject: News from the Hamptons carol gershman
The Jewish Lady, The Black Man and the Road Trip
Issue No. 7 August 09
Dear carol,


A book takes one down un- known paths. Here I am with the Rabbi's from South Hampton Chabad Synagogue about to give a book presentation about living agelessly, living passionately based on my memoir, "The Jewish Lady,The black Man and the Road Trip."
Polo matches in the Hamptons

Always something a little different going on in the Hamptons. First a charity soft ball game for the stars on a lovely afternoon in East Hampton. Next came the Polo Matches; one huge party scene under a tent packed with people drinking and partying. I wonder if anyone so much as looked out at the polo players? Oops, there's two guy taking it in! The crowd arrived in Rolls Royce's, gorgeous convertibles, (me too) and dressed to the nines.
I ran into an old boyfriend from 31 years ago. Wow! have I been single that long?

Lunch at Roger and Daria's Montauk Beach House

My son Roger has the most divine home on the sea; three sides face the Atlantic. We had a wonderful lunch with sizzled salmon from the grill, corn and salad. It was one of those glorious beach days and nobody wanted to leave till late day. Life goes in circles!
Here is what I mean. Roger and Daria are taking the kids to Ca. back to school and the house will be empty for three days. So... I am movin in with a bunch of friends. Remember how we couldn't wait to get rid of the parents so we can party... Now I can't wait till my kids leave their house to me..

FROM MY MEMOIR, PAGE 145
My son Roger chose to live in the farthest point in the Hampton's, Montauk. I had worried how my kids would feel with their mom arriving with a black man with dreadlocks even though I had told them beforehand. But as cool as Xavier is, my kids are brought up to be sophisticated and even cooler. When Xavier got out of the car with his long dreadlocks blowing in the wind, Roger looked and me and said, "Cool dude mom, as he hugged me hello."
Article Headline

Now at the East Hampton Library standing with Anne Jones about to give a presentation. Interestingly enough, the librarys in the Hamptons have huge support and clout. It is the Hamptons mecca for culture with celebrity events going on all summer.
I have met so many celebs this summer. Julie Andrews still lovely to look at, Barbara Walters, never knew she was so tiny, Candice Bushnell, you know Sex and the City, author, then there was Alec Baldwin and numerous other authors and artists.
I know it is trouble but pleeeezze forward this on and..........DO TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO BUY A COPY OF MY SIZZLE...............GIVE IT AS A GIFT; A SIGNED COPY DIRECTLY FROM ME........PLACE ORDER AT
CAROLSUE@ATLANTICBB.NET

No comments: