Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The end of summer "09

So how was yours?

I wonder if anyone who tunes into my blogs writes or wishes they could write or wants to write a book?

I can only say DO IT..

There are no words to describe how a book can change your life.
It opens up avenues because so much goes into the writing and even more than writing the after writing process. The layout, fonts, publishing if you do it yourself and then, the 'oh my god promoting'. None of this is easy but I can assure you rewarding.

Take myself, what dd I know about writing? Nothing! Outside of my 2 semester Monday evenings at Dade
County schools, I never studied writing in high school; was there such a course? or college.
Somehow within nine months I wrote 325 pages. I had to go through editing and re-editing and re- editing and then re- editing but I wrote a good book and told a good story.

Then I had to talk about it, right? What did I know about standing up in front of any audience? Nothing. I was scared to death. and boring. I bored myself and the audience. Why? Because I was focused on me and not them. I was worried about what they were thinking of me and I was over the top insecure. So I went to Toast masters. What did I know about Toastmasters? Nothing, I can assure you. Well thanks to my daughter Leslie who is a member, I enrolled and learned what a brilliant organization it is. In a short time I learned to speak in front of an audience marveling at the members who could do it so well. And now, give me an audience and I will engage them..Who would believe?

Then I had to sell books. what did I know about selling books? Nothing, I can assure you. So I hit the road, me at seventy three putting forty five hundred miles on my Mustang, sleeping in motels, driving, driving, and promoting and inspiring on a one to one basis at Barnes and Noble, Borders, independents all up the east coast.

There is so much more to come. My book is my friend and right now my purpose in life. After almost one year of promoting I know I am just at the beginning.
Do see my video by clicking link above top.
If you need inspiration or would like to ask a question, please comment.

Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: