Monday, September 7, 2009

My Mustang and Me


I compare myself to my car. My hot yellow mustang convertible. Sure she is getting older, 5 years now, but she sure does not look or act old.

Me too. I am getting older, 73 now, but I sure don't look or act old.

We may be getting older, but that does not mean we are old!

We enjoy life especially when we are in our element, on the road. She does better than me, never tiring, not even needing oil and water. How could she last 5000 miles without a drink? I must admit I need lots of water and lots of oil especially on my skin and hair and a good shot of cod liver oil never hurt anyone.

My mustangs hot yellow color inspires me to wear a fun hat and look perky; I sure don't want it to have one up on me. Yes, there is a rivalry between us; I would rather hear, hey you look hot, rather than what a hot looking car you have.... Now shut up and drive Mustang, you know sometimes I need the attention.

I love when the top is down and the weather is good. When it is brisk I often ride with the top down and the heat on.
I cannot pull my top down as far as my mustangs for obvious reasons but when I am in the drivers seat, the heat is always on in my life.

The mustang does not care how packed it gets. Right now it is bursting at the seams cause we are on the road. There is not a inch left in the trunk and the back seats are filled as well as the floor. There are no complaints. it still bobs along.
Now take me, when I get packed, what happens? I burst from all ends.

So the tires need rotating, and it gets scratches and scrapes but it always looks pretty.
When I am not being rotated and get scratches and scrapes I feel and look like hell.

Best of all it listens to what ever I have to say and goes exactly where I want it to go. What a partner!

Well we could go on and on and that is exactly what we are going to do. The older we get the better we will get.
Me and my hot yellow mustang.

Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: