Friday, June 26, 2009

HItting the Road

I AM HITTING THE ROAD THIS FRIDAY JUNE 26th ON A TEN CITY BOOK SIGNING TOUR.

The yellow mustang is in the shop getting ready for the big adventure; still hot and sexy! And yup, so am I.

The path of the road trip will be taken, the same one taken four years ago, re-living the cities/states visited, this time with a book in hand.

Who would have believed as Xavier and I "passioned" each day, that a sizzling memoir was in the making?

Talks will be at B&N, Borders and other local stores and radio..I hope to keep you posted with passages from the book from each city, then and now.

Here is the first exert from "The Jewish Lady, The Black Man and the Road Trip." Page 75

'The best thing in life for me is freedom but that beautiful late June morning, I was leaving it all behind. I excitedly picked up Xavier in my hot yellow mustang convertible, the incredible car my son Eric had given me. I could hardly wait to get to Xavier's building. The top was down and as he came through the door, I saw that his bright yellow sneakers and bag matched the car. He was ever so cool with his long grey dreadlocks, wearing jean shorts and a t-shirt that said "Needs Supervision." His legs were a womans dream, shapley with not a mark on them. I was dressed in nothing more than roll up jeans and a hospital shoes as my toe injury still had not healed. The t-shirt I chose to wear that morning read "C I A." He said "come up to my apartment. I want to show you my new piece of art and say goodbye to my cats before we leave.'


Have a wonderful summer and................PLEASE STAY TUNED!

Carol Sue

No comments: