Monday, December 15, 2008

Mish i gosh

I guess we cannnot go backwards or try to salvage love. Once it is over I guess we have to accept that it is. Because of my obsessive personality, I never believe anything is over and the more it is over, the more obsessed I get! Can anyone relate to this mish i gosh? If you do, I would like to hear.
So I met my old lover in N. Y. We were both extremely happy to see one another, especially me, but him too. I got repeated messages from him that same evening to see him but I was already asleep when they came in. He asked me out for the next night but there was an important class I wanted to take and thought a couple of days would not matter. You see as soon as he came around, my independence kicked in. So when a couple of days came around and I thought we would meet, he was busy with a new event in his life. On my final day in N. Y. I had already moved to another location and did not quite feel like running back up town. My dream was to meet him for a romantic dinner. But he was busy at dinner time and would be available after 9. Too late for me I said, so he did not call back.
So after our initial excitement, it kind of died as I was not there for him and he was not there for me. But I left him a gift for the new event in his life and e mailed him to pick it up and that I was sorry we did not catch one another. He never went to pick it up. I sent him a reminder. Go get it now! But not him. The gift sits, I sit, he sits?
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: