Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How is your year ending?

I would like to say that from a non-entity year it is finishing up great..... I think that is what counts. It all seems to have come together, like they say out with the old and in with the new. No more burdens, nothing to figure out, it is all here to take and grab on to and make what I want out of it. It does not have to be specifically anything that has kept me imprisoned. Just something that has weighed me down that I came to terms with. Daydreaming and fantasizing is one of my blessings or should I say faults. Oh I can imagine anything and change it and blow it up or bring it down with negativity or fantasy. I am here now in the moment and the moment is good; new friends, my book taking off, my horrific neighbor who turned himself in by showing his true colors and finally the management seeing the truth, a worry with my sister who had to have tests and came out perfect, friends I have let go of only to discover so many new ones and realizing the fact I can have as many friends as I want to have if time allows. My book has opened up doors for me like I have never seen. When I go to a cocktail party now, I introduce myself as an author and ask if they have heard about my book. People are open and like to listen especially because I keep the introduction on a high note. What I am saying is I am no longer shy;I can meet as many new people as I care to, something I found difficult before. My kids and grand kids are well. My son sent me a generous over the top gift certificate to a spa just because I had a birthday. My ex husband can no longer help me monetarily and felt awkward about it, so I thanked him for all of his years of support and told him I understand. I wish him a good life with no burdens either. Knowing him he will hit it big again and you can be sure he will share. While my old love did not work out, I was able to tell him how special he is; no holding back. Tonight, New Years, I have a great guy to go out with and we know we are going to have a wonderful time. My parents long gone are resting in peace and I love them so much, but I can see how we can let go of our parents. My brother in law has problems and they are big ones. My brother has resolved his.
Last years New years Party was a sad time for me, my spirit was low and I felt lonely. Here I am one year older and I am bouncing. Age means nothing, even at my age.
Happy New Year to all
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: