Friday, July 30, 2010

A vist to my Ex-husband/ Basalt, Colorado

LIFE IS A STORY.
 
I know Norman now, how excited you were that I was coming to visit you. I know Norman now that you went all out to clean and beautify your already clean and beautiful home for, in your words," The Queen was arriving." Not only that, I know now, that you went out and bought $500.00 worth of magnificent flowers to place around the house; there were chocolate truffles on my bed.
 
You anxiously picked me up at the airport, happy to see me, as I was to see you On the way home I told you that I wanted nothing more than to hang out and have a peaceful time. This enforced the good time you were going to have with me.


NEXT SCENE...2 hours later
 
Hearing that a mutual friend was in town, I innocently invited Tita and her clan over thinking how nice it would be to see her. She wanted to take photos of her 3 nieces. Knowing how you love photography and your home, I thought you would enjoy having your home as the background of their Xmas card. I did tell you but I did not ask you.
In they walked, in a group , with platters of cheeses, salamis and crackers; their white wine is poured and within 2 hours of my arrival, l I know now, that your peaceful perfect home was turned into a party scene.
NEXT SCENE
 
We all went down to the river enjoying conversation and the beauty of the river, but back in the living room (party room,) your 2 puppy's are having a hey day. They are eating cheese and crackers and in order to get into the wine, they knock over the bottle onto your perfectly cleaned sofa and rug.

NEXT SCENE
You arrive back in the living room and I follow only to see you standing in a frenzie with a sofa pillow in hand, practically crying, "My sofa, my rug" look what happened; I have just had everything cleaned to perfection as your face changes from peace to outrageous anger. "Don't worry, Norman I will clean it," I said, as I ran into the garage to find the best stuff to remove the stain that might or might not have been there." "Don't touch my carpet, you screamed with horror;" but I was compelled to clean it for you, knowing that I could. "Stop taking over the house, you are a guest here, you yelled." " I can do it, I can do it Norman ," as you called the carpet cleaner with horror in you voice.


NEXT SCENE ... 15 minutes later
You left on a bicycle and when you did, I ran to the back deck to chase the clan out. "You must leave IMMEDIATELY. You can not stay a moment longer. Tita, please go, Norman is outraged."
 
As they left my anger about the outrage turned to depression. How could this have happened; how can I stay in this house for a week? Do I leave, do I stay, I am upsetting his life, his routine; how he yelled at me is inconcievable, like back in the old days, over a sofa and a rug. What is wrong with him? What has happened to him?"

NEXT SCENE
Norman, as you might not know, I stayed clear for a few days, the library, the baths, not knowing until this morning, that it hardly had anything to do with a sofa or a rug.

NEXT SCENE
This morning we had tea and you told me about "the scene." You told me what you felt and I wanted to cry. I heard from you that within 2 hours how I destroyed your dream; the love you were feeling. How could I, I thought as I listened. I reached out and apologized to you as I had done earlier in the week, but this time with the same heartfelt emotion and love you had.
 

NEXT SCENE
I LOVE YOU TOO NORMAN, always have, always will. Be healthy and happy.
Carol Sue
AND WE ARE STILL HERE TO MAKE STORIES.
 

No comments: