Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th/NYC


Fun in the city.
Have you walked the Brooklyn Bridge? They are out there in droves and it was something I never did before. Before I knew it I was in Brooklyn. Charming area I must say, even though I nearly had heat stroke on the way over.
Fireworks atop a restaurant roof top called Print was divine. I could have been anywhere in the world high in the sky with champagne and yum yum desserts. Only $100.00 per person to get to the roof top.. Ha Ha.
P. S. For the one hundred there was none of the outrageous music that accompanied the fireworks. They were tuned into jazz. Another ha ha.
It felt like New Years Eve in the heat getting home, not a bus, not a cab in site all the way over on 11th Avenue. Finally took off my shoes and walked the very dirty streets till I could find transportation. I sure did not care running barefoot on the side walks.
Lately, my favorite going out is staying home in my delightful apartment.
HAPPY 4TH TO ALL.
Carol Sue Gershman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post.
I live in India, how can I get your book?

Unknown said...

Actually I will be coming to India in October. Where do you live. I plan to go to Delhi and then visit ashrams. Any suggestions would be wonderful.
P. S. I can mail you my book.
carolsue@atlanticbb.net