Monday, August 26, 2013

Florence Lipman (my mom) at 85 writes poetry

I don't have space for more wrinkles on my face, but I am young
My skin is flabby and a little shabby, but I am young
I get so mad at me that I can cry when I run into the kitchen and can't remember why, but I am young
When I see a show or watch tv
My eyes are not what they used to be, but I am young
And my hearing sometimes is not so great
So I listen closer to what is my fate, but I am young
Maybe it is too late to learn to skate but never ever to go out on a date, I am young
My income is secure, my dividends are firm, and when I make a new investment, I think long term, I am young
My words fly out freely when I am talking
And I still th
rive on swimming and fast walking; I am young
So though most anthropologists won't agree
I won't be old to 103
And maybe even then we will see
I am young Forever

No comments: