Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Families... Do you belong in the family you have?

What are you thinking I am thinking?

All families have their problems, arguments, disagreements  but love is the underlying force.

For 35 years I have tried to make my divorced husband a good friend by keeping the family part of our relationship going. We have shared all occasions and get to gethers and talks.

Did I do it so the tie would never be broken because I could not let go;  or for more positive reasons?

 I once learned from a therapist never to trust an ex. I have recently found out no matter how caring and loving I have tried to be to him, his anger and hurt has stayed with him throughout our divorced life.

I have come to the conclusion after knowing him for 62 years that  I no longer belong in his company or he in mine. The sad part is that one of my sons is following in his footsteps.  I suddenly thought. "I don't really belong in this family."
How do you feel about yours?
Carol Sue Gershman


No comments: