Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Growing up at age 74





I do believe at 74 I have grown up a bit (don't laugh, its true) Usually when I go to Ca. I want to of course see everyone but then go out and have fun, dinners, parties, etc. But this trip I only wanted to be with my son, daughter-in-law and 2 grand kids. I felt blessed and happy spending most time at home.

First I will begin to tell you that they were not home when I arrived. Well I knew that they were in Aspen and missed their flight and would not be in till the next day.

For me it was great. I don't know bout you but I kind of feel bombarded getting off a long flight meeting, and kissing and hugging. This time I took a taxi, found the key to their gorgeous house, showered and relaxed. Next morning I bought groceries and prepared dinner for their homecoming. When they walked through the door it was brilliant to meet, greet, hug and kiss.

I visited their schools, sat in as a teachers helper, my son Roger invited me for a delightful lunch and visit to his sumptuous office. Daria and I went to the gym, had lunch and shopped and the last day we got into our pj's at 4:30 and just hung out with the kids till my son got home.

Highlight: I have begun a children's book and the kids class loved it. What greater test is that?

Do I have to tell you how much I adore the kids? Well I will; I am in love.
Carol Sue Gershman

No comments: