Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Im my Youth

In My Youth
A look back at youth gone by
Home About

Interview with Carol Sue Gershman, author of “The Jewish Lady, The Black Man, and The Road Trip”
October 12, 2009amateurdelivreLeave a comment
What was the one possession you had that you were miserable without?
Roller skates or can I call my dog a possession. My dog Dusky would have been it.

What cartoon did you love to watch?
I did not have TV back then and never enjoyed reading cartoons either. The only one I did like was Blondie!

What do you miss most about being a kid?
My little private shady patch covered with trees in my back yard. P. S I am more of a kid now then back then when I was trying so hard to grow up.

What was your least favorite age? Why?
Teen age years. I was way over weight..

What did you always want to be able to do, but were too young?Drive a car.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
GET MARRIED.I had no other ambitions.

Did you have any pets? YES If so, what did you have?
DOG named Dusky who passed away with a ton of stories I told to her..

Do you have siblings?
Yes!
Did they influence who you are today?
Not back then. I was the oldest and paid not much attention to them which was my loss as they are both great people.

What was your favorite class in school?
Spelling.. I enjoyed grammar school, but not much afterwards as far as school is concerned, until I entered my memoir writing class 3 years ago.

Who was your hero and why?
Gregory Peck in Duel in the sun. I thought he was strong and sexy at 11 years old. He was a bad boy and I fell in love with him. When I met the man of my life at 14, I knew I had met the Gregory Peck of my life. The bad boy in him was that I had to do the chasing as he never seemed much to care.

What games did you enjoy playing in your spare time?
Cards, hop scotch…

Would you still play them today?
Sure I would.

Did you have a curfew?
11:00 P. M.

What was it, and did you break it?
NO I DID NOT .. I still keep it most of the time.

What was your parents punishment of choice?
I could not go out.

What is your favorite memory?
Around the kitchen table sitting with family even though the conversation was about them with little focus on us kids.

What do you wish you could have changed about your childhood (if anything)?
That my mom stayed home, rather than working, so I could have spent more time with her and that my parents did not argue.

No comments: