Wednesday, February 6, 2008

older women nitch

I am discovering my nitch. My focus will be on women aged 55- 75. I think that this is the age group who will appreciate my book and the knowledge I have obtained and am able to write about. There is much to learn about love, travel, divorce, facelifts, parties, entertainment, parents, children and siblings. Each week I will begin to focus on one of the the above topics.
Let us talk about love for a single woman in her 70's... Is there any? Absolutely. I am more popular now than when I was in my forties. It is different. I no longer need a man as I did then for money, marriage or ego.

Today I will write a bit about younger men. Once I took a young guy only 19 away to Mexico with me when I was 47. He was outrageously gorgeous. I felt like I was going away with a painting. I sent him airline tickets and he could not believe that it was actually taking place. At that time, I felt powerful and wanted just that experience. Well, things did not work out too well as he looked at a 20-year old when he was suppposed to be romancing me. In the middle of the restaurant I craked him across his face and gave him his return ticket.

My greatest pleasure used to be coming home and talking about the men I met to my girlfriends. I would giggle like a schoolgirl with tales of fun and romance with these men.

Exciting, younger guys were the best. Vibrant and dazzling and usually 20-30 years younger,
I never took them seriously until they dumped me! Then I would feel hurt and wonder why. This pattern went on for many years until one day I no longer wanted the older-woman-younger-man scenario.

I switched to men closer to my age thinking that they would be more mature, only to find out that I chose the same type and they were even more juvenile than a 25-year old. They too were only interested in going out just to have a good time.

Does your outlook on life permit having a single lifestyle in your later years?

No comments: